My decluttering continues in the background. I have sold and given away a few more things.
- Vintage skirt
- Vintage dress
- Free gift from Boots
- Clothes rail (Yes, I’ve managed to downsize my clothing that much that I can let go of my additional clothing rail!)
- Handheld vacuum cleaner (thought it was worth a try on Freecycle, but was not powerful enough to bother with)
- Cardboard boxes
- Sewing thread case
- Old pram mattress
I’ve also cleared out a storage box and an old lampshade, that if no-none wants on Freecycle – will go to the charity shop.
Stay tuned for my next update!
I thought you might be interested to see some of the stuff that’s been leaving my life. I wish I had taken a picture of it all in a room, so I could visualise just how much has gone! Instead, I’m going to compile a list- it might not be everything in minutiae because I think that might be boring for us all. But here goes!
- Wedding Dress (one of the biggest things I’ve got rid of, in terms of size and value and emotional attachment!)
- University textbooks- numbering at least 20
- Other books- I should say about 40 have gone
- Soft toys
- Food Processors and blenders
- Kitchen Utensils
- Wet suit
- Storage units
- Sewing machine
- Peg bag
- Fancy dress items
- Musical instruments
- Board games
- and more!
I have to say I am completely shocked at the amount of stuff I had squirrelled away in my house that I was just not using. I barely feel like I’ve made a dent in the ‘stuff’. But I am starting to feel like my living space is clearer now and I have more room to breathe and be creative. I know I can lose much, much more in my journey towards minimalism. But I am already feeling the benefits- emotionally and financially!