My decluttering continues in the background. I have sold and given away a few more things.
- Vintage skirt
- Vintage dress
- Free gift from Boots
- Clothes rail (Yes, I’ve managed to downsize my clothing that much that I can let go of my additional clothing rail!)
- Handheld vacuum cleaner (thought it was worth a try on Freecycle, but was not powerful enough to bother with)
- Cardboard boxes
- Sewing thread case
- Old pram mattress
I’ve also cleared out a storage box and an old lampshade, that if no-none wants on Freecycle – will go to the charity shop.
Stay tuned for my next update!
It’s fun to write lists of the stuff that has gone. It really helps to keep me motivated and catalogues the evidence!
- Teapot (although I did buy another that will not leak!)
- 3 pairs of tights, brand new still in packets
- A dress
- Digital camera
- We also got rid of almost the entirity of my husband’s Terry Pratchett collection which amounted to around 25 books. That has cleared some serious space on our bookshelf!
- I have sold numerous uni textbooks on Amazon marketplace- probably at least 5
- I have traded in a large box of books and DVDs at http://www.webuybooks.co.uk Once again, I highly recommend their prompt and courteous service
- I recently gave a bag of food from our cupboards to a food bank because we had no real desire to eat them. I am sure that someone will appreciate them, a bottle of punch, some tinned puddings and something else I can’t remember!
Items that will be going soon;
- I have a wardrobe on eBay because we really don’t need 3 wardrobes, there are only 2 of us living here. I was watching an interior design competition recently on BBC2. The designer put Shaker style hooks around the edge of the room, so that guests would have storage when they came to stay! What a fabulous idea. The only reason we were keeping this wardrobe is for the rare occasions we have guests. Craziness.
- I am planning on going through my kitchen cupboards again and getting rid of dishes that are surplus to requirements and tins