I’m still going. Slowly, but surely I am getting rid of stuff. Today I took 2 boxes of books we unearthed in our loft to the charity shop. I constantly have items listed on eBay too. Yesterday saw the sale of a DVD, a slow cooker that was still new in its box from our wedding and a pair of lampshades that didn’t go with our new decor. The day before I shipped a hifi, we only need one! And a clock, again we only need one!
A quick look down my eBay list reveals these items have also gone;
- Minidisc player
- Bass amp
- Bass guitar and music books (husband meant to learn and never did!)
- Timer switches (brand new, never used!)
- Water feature for garden
- Dusting mop
- Garden furniture (you only need one set!)
- Bath panel (didn’t fit our bath in the end, brand new)
- Beach shelter
- Butterfly feeder
- Radiator caps (came with our new radiators, but we didn’t use all the sizes)
- Canvas wardrobe
- Dining chairs
- Desk fan
- Dressing table
- Bikinis (brand new with tags and never worn)
Well, that’s 20 items out of our lives in the last month and some! Some items we sold multiples of. I can start to see the clear surfaces in our house now and the floor!
I wonder how many more things I can apply Joshua Becker’s principle of ‘you only need one’ too. What items have you only kept one of?