“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” Willam Morris.
I have often seen this quoted as inspiration for Minimalists or aspiring Minimalists. How enlightening then, to learn today that the original context of this quote meant nothing like this!
William Morris was trying to encourage the lower classes to aspire to be like the rich, to acquire possessions and thus he felt, better themselves and their lives. Although he apparently rebelled against his Father’s wealth and Capitalism in some respects, it still clearly coloured his thinking.
If you want to listen to the full programme, then you can click here . Thanks to ‘In Our Time’ on BBC Radio 4 for telling the full story.
The digital rewards site Swagbucks is offering big payouts during their July Swago board, which runs from July 9th through Monday 16th July 16th at 17:00!
Swago is just like bingo, but in this case you’re filling out squares as you earn points on their site for doing things you already do online. If you’re thinking of trying Swagbucks, this is a great chance to learn all about how the site works and earn bonus points while doing it, meaning you can get more gift cards faster. Here are a few tips:
- Each square on your Swago Board will contain an action item to complete. They can be anything from getting a search win, completing a survey, or just visiting one of our popular stores!
- Once you complete the action item in a particular square the square will change color signifying the action item is complete. You have until 8pm on Monday 16th July to mark off as many squares as possible so use your time wisely.
- Be mindful of the patterns and their corresponding bonuses located on the right of your Swago Board. The patterns will vary in difficulty and bonus value. Once you’ve achieved a pattern, the corresponding “Submit” button will light up. You can have multiple patterns available for submission, however, you can only submit ONE pattern so choose wisely.
- Each activity you successfully complete on your Swago Board will give you anywhere from 1-20 spins on the Spin & Win Wheel. PLUS, when you submit your board for a bonus you’ll get additional spins. The number of spins will depend on the pattern you complete. The wheel has all sorts of great prizes that you can win, and each spin is a winner!
The Spin & Win Wheel will be available all throughout Swago and you have until 19:59pm on Monday 16th July to use all your spins.
Fill up your board and then submit your pattern to get even more points – if you can fill in the whole board, you get a 300 SB bonus.
Click here right now and click “Join” to get started! If you don’t already have a Swagbucks account, you’ll be able to quickly sign up; PLUS, if you earn 500 SB before the first of August, you’ll get a bonus 500 SB!
All throughout July you can earn large bonuses when sign up as my referral on Swagbucks.
Swagbucks is a rewards site where you earn points (called SB) for things you’re probably doing online already, like searching the web, watching videos, shopping, discovering deals, and taking surveys. Then you take those points and exchange them for gift cards to places like Amazon, Target, or PayPal cash.
When you sign up through me this month, you can earn a 500 SB bonus! Here’s how:
1. Sign up using this link
2. Earn 500 SB total before August 1st, 2018. You’ll get a 500 SB bonus for it!
3. That’s it. It’s super easy, and Swagbucks is for real. I use it myself, and I’ve earned more than £2.5K to date!