Decluttering continues apace – an imminent new arrival will give you added motivation I have found!
This week I’ve sold items, given them away on Freecycle, passed them onto other people after I spotted specific requests for that item and given items to charity shops.
- Book – given to family member after I finished reading it
- Book – sold, Facebook group for that subject area
- Turf- specific request spotted on Freecycle, given away (would have just left it to decompose otherwise!)
- Cat radiator bed – sold via Facebook Marketplace
- Ornamental Flute- sold on eBay
- Oasis blouse – sold on eBay
- Bag of clothing, books, DVDs and craft items – sent to charity shop
- Glass worktop savers- given to someone after specific request seen
- Wooden chopping board- given to someone after specific request seen
- Selection of cleaning products, scourers and cloths (I no longer use these items, since switching to greener methods)- given to someone after specific request seen
- Baking tray- given to someone after specific request seen
I literally have only 17 items left on eBay now, some of which I will give away if they don’t sell soon. And then I would honestly struggle to find something around the house to sell or give away, since I have pretty much got it down to items I need or use regularly (she says now). I am sure I will re-evaluate that point of view a few months down the line!!! But for now, I am happy and have totalled almost £3K back in the bank from this frenzy of selling over the last 18 months. I think that’s about what eBay reckon most people have tucked away in their houses/ lofts, storage etc.